Simpson Strong-Tie - 3/8" x 4" Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD Countersunk Head Screw Anchor Zinc Plated (ea) THD37400CS
These anchors come packaged with 50 pcs per box and are designed for fastening items to concrete.
- Bit size 3/8"
- Minimum embedment See PDF
- Do not use in vibratory loads
- 3/8" inch diameter x 4" inch long
- Spacing must be a minimum of 10 anchor diameters
- Free freight on all orders over $25.00
|Minimum Embedment||See PDF|
|Thread Type||Undercut Design|
|Minimum Spacing||See PDF|
|Minimum Edge Distance||See PDF|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (In Place)||1/2"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (Hole Spotted)||1/2"|
|Maximum Torque||See PDF|
|Length Measurement||Overall length including head|
|Brand Name||Simpson Strong-Tie|
The anchor is made from Carbon Steel, and is zinc plate. This anchor is designed for use in
The anchor is designed for use in a dry environment.
The anchor is a Countersunk head and is designed to prevent the head from protruding above the surface of the item being attached.
Hole Diameter/Bit Diameter
The anchor requires a 3/8" hole to be drilled in the base material (). The hole should be drilled with carbide tipped bit that meets ANSI standards and used in a hammer drill.
A T50 is required for driving the anchor into the base material.
Diameter of Anchor
The diameter of the anchor is 3/8".
The length of the anchor is 4"
Depth of Hole
The depth of the hole that is required for the anchor should be a minimum of 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete. This will allow space for dust created during the installation process to fall, which will prevent the anchor from bottoming out in the hole before full penetration into the concrete.
Fixture Hole Diameter
The hole in the fixture or material being fastened must be larger than the designated diameter of the anchor. The 3/8" diameter anchor requires the hole in the fixture to be 1/2".
To be set properly in the concrete, the anchor must be torqued to between See PDF
- Drill a 3/8" hole into the concrete using a carbide-tipped bit that meets ANSI Standards B212.15.
- Drill the hole a 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete, making sure the minimum embedment requirements of See PDF is met.
- Clean the hole with a wire brush, vacuum, compressed air, or a blow-out bulb.
- Insert the point of the 3/8" x 4" Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD Countersunk Head Screw Anchor Zinc Plated (ea) THD37400CS into the hole. Make sure that the screw being installed will penetrate the base material a minimum of 1" but no deeper than 1-3/4".
- Turn the screw clockwise, applying slight pressure until the head of the screw is snug against the material being fastened.
- Always use proper personal protective equipment per manufacturer's and OSHA instructions.