How to Install Sleeve Anchors
Installation Instructions for the Concrete Sleeve Anchor
Installing concrete sleeve anchors can be completed in six easy steps. Sleeve anchors can be used in concrete, brick and block base material, and are best suited for light to heavy duty fastening purposes. Sleeve anchors are available in four head styles - hex, flat, acorn and round - and are available in both zinc plated and stainless steel, making them a good choice for many construction applications. Simple step-by-step installation instructions for the sleeve anchor are as follows:
- Using a hammer drill and carbide tipped drill bit, drill a hole the same diameter as the anchor diameter, and at least 1/2" to 1” deeper than the expected embedment.
- Clean out the hole of all debris.
- Set the nut flush with the top of the sleeve anchor.
- Insert the sleeve anchor through the fixture into the hole in the base material until the washer and nut is tight against the fixture.
- Turn the nut until finger tight.
- Use a wrench to set the anchor by turning the nut three to four full turns