The brand name of the Hilti, Inc. wedge anchor
is the Hilti Kwik Bolt 3. The Kwik Bolt 3 is the most current version
of the Kwik Bolt that is sold by Hilti. The Kwik Bolt 3 should not be
used in brick or block base material because it is designed for use in
solid concrete only. The Kwik Bolt 3 is manufactured in three different
steel types: 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel and standard, zinc
plated carbon steel. The Kwik Bolt 3 is availablefour different
versions: the standard stud version that uses a nut & washer, flat
countersunk, rod coupling and ceiling. The Hilti Kwik Bolt does not need
the bottom of the hole to be set because one end is threaded and each
diameter and length is packaged with the correct size and number of nuts
and washers. It is important when installing the Kwik Bolt 3 to use a
hammer drill and a carbide bit for drilling the hole in the concrete
Installation Instructions for the Kwik Bolt 3 (Stud Version)
1. A hammer drill must be used to drill a hole into the
concrete. The hole diameter to be drilled is the same as the diameter of
the anchor being installed. The Kwik Bolt 3 does not need the bottom of
the hole to be set. The hole depth must be a minimum of one anchor
diameter deeper than the anchor will be embedded into the concrete. When
the diameter of the hole in the fixture is large enough for the carbide
bit to fir through, the fixture can be used as a template.
2. Clean out the hole.
3. With a hammer, strike the top of the Kwik Bolt 3 until a minimum of 6 threads are below the surface of the fixture.
4. Using a wrench, tighten the nut to the installation torque value recommended.
Installation Instructions for the Countersink Kwik Bolt 3
1. Drill a hole in concrete using a hammer drill.
2. Clean the hole out completely.
3. Thread post nut completely onto the Kwik Bolt 3 anchor body
and tap anchor with a hammer through the fixture and into the hole.
4. With a screwdriver, turn the post nut clockwise 3 full turns.
5. Using a hammer, tap the head of the Kwik Bolt 3 back into the hole.
6. Tighten post nut with a screwdriver.
Installation Instructions for the Rod Coupling Kwik Bolt 3
1. Using a proper hammer drill, drill a hole into the concrete base material.
2. Clean out the hole and remove any debris.
3. Using a hammer, tap the Kwik Bolt (with the rod coupling attached) into the hole.
4. Tighten the rod coupling using a wrench.
Installation Instructions for Hilti Ceiling Kwik Bolt (HHDCA)
1. Drill a 1/4" hole in the concrete using a hammer drill.
2. Tap in the ceiling Kwik Bolt with a hammer.
3. Using the claw part of the hammer, pry downward to set the anchor.
The Kwik Bolt 3 can be used in concrete and is effective in
numerous applications. Before using a Kwik Bolt for any project, it is
essential to determine which type of anchor is needed. Using the proper
Kwik Bolt and following the instructions above will help ensure a
As with any anchoring project, it is important to keep safety in mind and follow instructions carefully. Always remember to wear safety goggles, handle all tools with extra care and follow all technical specifications. This article is meant to serve only as a basic explanation of concrete fasteners. Always refer to manufacturer's instructions or consult a contracting expert during any anchoring project.
Article Written By:
Michael Pistorino, Vice-President Operations
Concrete Fasteners, Inc. has over 40 years of experience selling concrete fasteners. We can ship out one box or a whole pallet of concrete anchors. Our products are of the highest quality... "your satisfaction is guaranteed". We ship all orders the same day the order is received.