- Chamfered top designed to prevent mushrooming during installation
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions (seismic design categories A through F)
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Qualified for minimum concrete thickness of 3-1/4 in., and lightweight concrete-over-steel deck thickness of 2-1/2 in. and 3-1/4 in.
- Tested per ACI355.2 and AC193
- Size: 1/4 in. x 2-1/4 in.
- Made from zinc-plated carbon steel
- Quantity: 100
|1/4" - 20
|Minimum Edge Distance
|Maximum Fixture Thickness
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (In Place)
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (Hole Spotted)
|Length ID Code
|Wrench Size For Nut
|End to End
The information on this page is intended for preliminary guidance only. For complete safety and to verify accurate information, please consult the (PDF linked below) to obtain the manufacturer’s values when selecting the anchors for your project.
Code listed for cracked and uncracked concrete, and masonry applications, the Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Bolt 2 wedge-type expansion anchor is an optimal choice for high-performance even in seismic and high-wind conditions. Dual undercutting embossments on each clip segment enable secondary expansion should a crack form and intersect the anchor location; this feature significantly increases the ability of Strong-Bolt 2 to carry load if the hole expands. The Strong-Bolt 2 is available in carbon steel, Type 304 and Type 316 stainless steel.
Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will make it difficult to set the anchor and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified minimum hole depth, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling.
- Assemble the anchor with nut and washer so the top of the nut is flush with the top of the anchor. Place the anchor in the fixture, and drive it into the hole until the washer and nut are tight against the fixture.
- Tighten to the required installation torque.
6.3 in. x 3.54 in. x 3.54 in., 5 lbs.
California Prop 65 WARNING! Cancer -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Carton Reference 10707392455506
Pallet Reference 60707392455501