Simpson Strong-Tie - 3/4" x 7" Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD Screw Anchor Zinc Plated - THD75700H
These screws are packaged 5 per box. Theyare suitable for use in solid concrete and grout filled CMU base materials. Orders are in stock, and will ship immediately to arrive within 1 to 3 business days.
- Bit size 3/4"
- Zinc plated
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Hex serrated washer head
- Easy to install
- 3/4" is the diameter; 7" is the length
- All orders $25.00 or more ship for free
|Thread Type||Serrated Teeth|
|Primary||Concrete & Grout Filled CMU|
|Material||Carbon Steel Zinc Plated|
|Minimum Edge Distance||1-3/4"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (In Place)||15/16"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (Hole Spotted)||15/16"|
|Length ID Code||7|
|Wrench Size For Nut||1-1/8"|
|Head Type||Hex Washer Serrated|
|Length Measurement||Underneath head|
|Brand Name||Simpson Strong-Tie|
The anchor is made from carbon steel, and is Zinc Plated. This anchor is designed for use in Concrete & Grout Filled CMU
The anchor is designed for use in a Dry environment.
The anchor is a Hex Washer Serrated head and is designed to allow the head to sit on top of the surface of the item being attached.
Hole Diameter/Bit Diameter
The anchor requires a 3/4" hole to be drilled in the base material (Concrete & Grout Filled CMU). The hole should be drilled with carbide tipped bit that meets ANSI standards and used in a hammer drill.
A 1-1/8" is required for driving the anchor into the base material.
Diameter of Anchor
The diameter of the anchor is 3/4".
The length of the anchor is 7"
The anchor is packaged with 5 pieces per box
Depth of Hole
The depth of the hole that is required for the anchor should be a minimum of 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete. This will allow space for dust created during the installation process to fall, which will prevent the anchor from bottoming out in the hole before full penetration into the concrete.
Fixture Hole Diameter
The hole in the fixture or material being fastened must be larger than the designated diameter of the anchor. The 3/4" diameter anchor requires the hole in the fixture to be 15/16".
The size of the wrench required to turn the nut to set the anchor is 1-1/8".
Spacing between Anchors
Each anchor must be spaced a minimum distance of 3" from each other when measured center to center.
It is very important not to install the anchor any closer than 1-3/4" from an unsupported edge of the concrete.
The anchor is stamped with the code 7 on the head to allow inspection of the anchor after installation. The code "7" designates an overall length of the anchor as between 7 in length.
Installing this anchor
- Warning: Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the pdf file. Use a Titen HD® screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
- Warning: Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU.
- Caution: Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overall (see table in pdf) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the hex-washer head contacts the fixture.