ThunderDrop® - 5/8" American Made Drop-In Anchor Zinc Plated
The 5/8" American Made Drop-In Anchor Zinc Plated is designed for indoor, dry applications and must be set in the concrete using a setting tool. All items are in stock for immediate shipment and freight is free.
- Bit Size 7/8"
- Minimum embedment 2-1/2"
- For use in concrete only
- Indoor, dry environments
- Domestically Manufactured
- One length per anchor diameter
- National coarse threaded
- Setting tools are sold separately
- $25.00 orders receives free shipping
|2000 PSI Concrete - Pull-Out (lbs.) *||3323|
|Material||Carbon Steel Zinc Plated|
|Minimum Edge Distance||4-3/8"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (In Place)||1"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (Hole Spotted)||5/8"|
|Maximum Torque||40 ft./lbs.|
|Inside Anchor Diameter-Bolt Diameter||5/8"|
|Outside Anchor Diameter||7/8"|
|Internal Thread Length||1-3/16"|
|Length Measurement||End to End|
|Bolt Length||Fixture Thickness + Embedment Depth|
The anchor is made from Carbon Steel , and is Zinc Plated and meets the Buy America Act (BAA). This anchor is designed for use in Concrete only, and should never be used in block or brick base material.
The anchor is designed for use in a Dry environment.
Hole Diameter/Bit Diameter
The anchor requires a 7/8" hole to be drilled in the base material (Concrete only). The hole should be drilled with carbide tipped bit that meets ANSI standards and used in a hammer drill.
The designated size of the anchor refers to the inside diameter 5/8" of the anchor or the diameter of the threaded rod or bolt that can be inserted into it.
Diameter of Anchor
The diameter of the anchor is 5/8".
The length of the anchor is 2-1/2"
The threads on the anchor are internal threads that measures 5/8" with 11 threads per inch, commonly referred to as 5/8"-11 .
The length of the threads on the anchor is 1-3/16" in length.
Each anchor must be set in the concrete with a specific setting tool. The anchor is set using the 5/8" setting tool which is sold separately.
The anchor is packaged with 25 pieces per box and does not come with a setting tool.
The minimum anchor embedment into the concrete is 2-1/2". Therefore, the anchor must be installed so that a minimum of 2-1/2" of the anchor is embedded into the concrete.
Depth of Hole
The hole in the concrete can be deeper than the minimum embedment depth for the anchor. Deeper embedment will usually result in better holding strength.
Fixture Hole Diameter
The hole in the fixture or material being fastened must be larger than the designated diameter of the anchor. The 5/8" diameter anchor requires the hole in the fixture to be 1".
The maximum torque that can be applied to the anchor once installed is 40 ft./lbs.
Spacing between Anchors
Each anchor must be spaced a minimum distance of 8-3/4" from each other when measured center to center.
It is very important not to install the anchor any closer than 4-3/8" from an unsupported edge of the concrete.
When a bolt is used in conjunction with the anchor, the length of the bolt needed is determined by considering these factors:
- Flush With Concrete - when the anchor is set flush with the surface of the concrete, add the thickness of the material being fastened to the thread length of 1-3/16", and then add the space for any washers used.
Below Surface of Concrete - add the depth below the surface of the concrete to the thickness of the material being fastened, then add the space for the washer, and, finally, add 1-3/16" for the thread engagement.
Holding Values - Ultimate Load Values in 2000 PSI Concrete
5/8" x 2-1/2"
- Drill a 7/8" hole into the concrete using a carbide-tipped bit that meets ANSI Standards B212.15.
- The depth of the hole can be deeper or equal to the minimum embedment depth of 2-1/2" which is equal to the length of the anchor .
- Clean the hole with a wire brush, vacuum, compressed air, or a blow-out bulb.
- Insert the anchor into the hole with the open threaded end facing up.
- Take the correct 5/8" American Made Drop-In Anchor Zinc Plated setting tool and insert the smaller diameter end into the threaded portion of the 5/8" American Made Drop-In Anchor Zinc Plated.
- Strike the end of the setting tool with a hammer until the anchor is fully set.
- The 5/8" American Made Drop-In Anchor Zinc Plated is now set. A 5/8" diameter threaded rod or a bolt can be inserted into it with a maximum torque of 40 ft./lbs.
- Always use proper personal protective equipment per manufacturer's and OSHA instructions.