CONFAST - 3/8" x 1-3/4" CONFAST® Hex Head Concrete Screw (ea)
These anchors come packaged with 25 pcs per box and are designed for fastening items to concrete.
- Bit size 3/8"
- Minimum embedment 1-1/2"
- Do not use in vibratory loads
- 3/8" inch diameter x 1-3/4" inch long
- Spacing must be a minimum of 10 anchor diameters
- Free freight on all orders over $25.00
|Thread Type||Low Torque Threads|
|2000 PSI Concrete - Pull-Out (lbs.) *||1590|
|2000 PSI Concrete - Shear (lbs.) *||2662|
|Minimum Edge Distance||3"|
|Wrench Size For Nut||9/16"|
|Length Measurement||Underneath head|
The anchor is made from Carbon Steel, and is Zinc Plated. This anchor is designed for use in Concrete
The anchor is designed for use in a dry environment.
The anchor is a Hex Washer Serrated head and is designed to allow the head to sit on top of the surface of the item being attached.
Hole Diameter/Bit Diameter
The anchor requires a 3/8" hole to be drilled in the base material (Concrete). The hole should be drilled with carbide tipped bit that meets ANSI standards and used in a hammer drill.
A 9/16" is required for driving the anchor into the base material.
Diameter of Anchor
The diameter of the anchor is 3/8".
The length of the anchor is 1-3/4"
The minimum anchor embedment into the concrete is 1-1/2". Therefore, the anchor must be installed so that a minimum of 1-1/2" of the anchor is embedded into the concrete.
Depth of Hole
The depth of the hole that is required for the anchor should be a minimum of 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete. This will allow space for dust created during the installation process to fall, which will prevent the anchor from bottoming out in the hole before full penetration into the concrete.
The size of the wrench required to turn the nut to set the anchor is 9/16".
Spacing between Anchors
Each anchor must be spaced a minimum distance of 6" from each other when measured center to center.
It is very important not to install the anchor any closer than 3" from an unsupported edge of the concrete.
3/8" x 1-3/4"
- Drill a 3/8" hole into the concrete using a carbide-tipped bit that meets ANSI Standards B212.15.
- Drill the hole a 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete, making sure the minimum embedment requirements of 1-1/2" is met.
- Clean the hole with a wire brush, vacuum, compressed air, or a blow-out bulb.
- Insert the point of the 3/8" x 1-3/4" CONFAST® Hex Head Concrete Screw (ea) into the hole.
- Turn the screw clockwise, applying slight pressure until the head of the screw is snug against the material being fastened.
- Always use proper personal protective equipment per manufacturer's and OSHA instructions.