There are two types of post installed concrete anchors that are manufactured from 316 stainless steel: the wedge anchor and the drop-in anchor. Both concrete anchors are in stock at Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc., are priced competitively on the internet and will be shipped the same day that the order is received. Both anchors are designed to be installed in solid concrete and should not be used in other masonry materials such as brick or block.
Wedge anchors should be used only in solid concrete. They provide excellent and consistent holding values. The four parts of the wedge anchor are: 316 stainless steel, anchor body, expansion clip, nut, and washer. Threads of the wedge anchor protrude above the surface of the concrete once it is installed, which allows the item that has been fastened to be removed and reinstalled. Wedge anchors should be used exclusively for static load applications and should never be used in vibratory or shock loading applications.
- Diameters – the 316 stainless steel wedge anchor comes in nine diameters ranging from 1/4” to 1-1/2”.
- Lengths – each diameter comes in different lengths to accommodate most fastening applications. The 1/4” has the shortest length available of 1-3/4”, and the 1-1/4” is available in lengths up to 12”.
- Minimum Embedment – Each diameter of wedge anchor has minimum embedment depth that it should be installed in the concrete to ensure minimum holding values.
- Thread Lengths – the thread length is different for each anchor depending on the length and diameter of the anchor. The threads are all national coarse and will prevent the anchor from being set at less than minimum embedment depths.
- Hole Size – the hole diameter in the concrete is equal to the diameter of the drop-in anchor being installed.
- 316 stainless steel wedge anchors are designed for use in wet, submerged applications where some chemicals may be present.
- Each diameter and length are packaged with the correct size and number of 316 stainless steel nuts and washers
- Both domestic and imported 316 stainless steel wedge anchors and drop-in anchors are in stock.
Designed for use in solid concrete, the drop in anchor provides the most excellent and consistent holding values in solid concrete over any female type post installed concrete anchor. The drop-in anchor, once installed, sits flush with the surface of the concrete and can be used with either a bolt or threaded rod. Once expanded and set in the concrete the bolt or threaded rod can be taken out and replace without affecting the holding values, as long as the anchor is not over torqued.
- Diameters – drop-in anchors come in only five diameters: 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8” and 3/4”. The designated diameter of the anchor refers to the inside diameter of the anchor.
- Lengths – each diameter comes in only one length.
- Minimum Embedment – the anchor must be installed at a depth equal to the length of the anchor being installed.
- Thread Length – the length of the threads are about equal to one-half the length of the anchor.
- Hole Size –the diameter of the hole to be drilled in the concrete is equal to the outside diameter of the anchor.
- The 316 stainless steel drop-in is designed for use in wet, submerged applications where some chemicals may be present.
- Each of the drop-in anchors come fully assembled and ready for installation.
- A setting tool must be used to expand the drop-in anchor in the concrete. Each diameter of drop-in anchor has its own unique setting tool. The setting tool must be purchased separately. Each setting tool will set numerous anchors and have a minimal cost.
- Both the American made and imported 316 stainless steel drop-in anchors are in stock and ready to ship.