Simpson Strong-Tie - 1/2" x 8-1/2" Strong-Bolt® 2 Wedge Anchor (ea) STB2-50812
These anchors come packaged with 25 pcs per box and are designed for fastening items to concrete.
- Bit size 1/2"
- Minimum embedment See PDF
- Thread Length 6"
- Do not use in vibratory loads
- 1/2" inch diameter x 8-1/2" inch long
- Spacing must be a minimum of 10 anchor diameters
- Free freight on all orders over $25.00
|Minimum Embedment||See PDF|
|Thread Type||1/2" - 13|
|Minimum Spacing||See PDF|
|Minimum Edge Distance||See PDF|
|Maximum Fixture Thickness||See PDF|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (In Place)||9/16"|
|Minimum Fixture Hole Diameter (Hole Spotted)||1/2"|
|Length ID Code||O|
|Maximum Torque||60 ft./lbs.|
|Wrench Size For Nut||3/4"|
|Length Measurement||End to End|
|Brand Name||Simpson Strong-Tie|
The anchor is made from Carbon Steel, and is Zinc Plated. This anchor is designed for use in Concrete only, and should never be used in block or brick base material.
The anchor is designed for use in a dry environment.
Hole Diameter/Bit Diameter
The anchor requires a 1/2" hole to be drilled in the base material (Concrete only). The hole should be drilled with carbide tipped bit that meets ANSI standards and used in a hammer drill.
Diameter of Anchor
The diameter of the anchor is 1/2".
The length of the anchor is 8-1/2"
The threads on the anchor are national coarse threads that measures 1/2" with 13 threads per inch, commonly referred to as 1/2"-13.
The length of the threads on the anchor is 6" in length.
The anchor is packaged with 25 pieces per box and is packaged with the correct number and diameter of nuts and washers.
Depth of Hole
The depth of the hole that is required for the anchor should be a minimum of 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete. This will allow space for dust created during the installation process to fall, which will prevent the anchor from bottoming out in the hole before full penetration into the concrete.
Fixture Hole Diameter
The hole in the fixture or material being fastened must be larger than the designated diameter of the anchor. The 1/2" diameter anchor requires the hole in the fixture to be 9/16".
The size of the wrench required to turn the nut to set the anchor is 3/4".
To be set properly in the concrete, the anchor must be torqued to between 60 ft./lbs.
When a bolt is used in conjunction with the anchor, the length of the bolt needed is determined by considering these factors:
- Flush With Concrete - when the anchor is set flush with the surface of the concrete, add the thickness of the material being fastened to the thread length of 6", and then add the space for any washers used.
Below Surface of Concrete - add the depth below the surface of the concrete to the thickness of the material being fastened, then add the space for the washer, and, finally, add 6" for the thread engagement.
- Drill a 1/2" hole into the concrete using a carbide-tipped bit that meets ANSI Standards B212.15.
- Drill the hole a 1/2" deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete, making sure the minimum embedment requirements of See PDF is met.
- Clean the hole with a wire brush, vacuum, compressed air, or a blow-out bulb.
- Insert the point of the 1/2" x 8-1/2" Strong-Bolt® 2 Wedge Anchor (ea) STB2-50812 into the hole. Make sure that the screw being installed will penetrate the base material a minimum of 1" but no deeper than 1-3/4".
- Turn the screw clockwise, applying slight pressure until the head of the screw is snug against the material being fastened.
- Always use proper personal protective equipment per manufacturer's and OSHA instructions.