Sammys® 1/2" Swivel Rod Anchor for Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel, 1/2"-13 Rod Size, 3/8" x 1" Screw Size - SXP 3.5 - 8271957
- Two step installation process
- No custom bracket assembly required
- Reduces installation time and cost
- Attachment angle from 1-89 degrees
- Attaches to angled steel elements, bottom or side of steel elements
- Provides more attachment locations for designers and specifiers
|Product Name||Sammys X-Press® Swivel™|
|Substrate||Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel|
|Substrate Fastener Size||3/8" x 1"|
|Ultimate Pullout||1558 lb (89° Off Vertical)1675 lb (16 ga. Vertical)|
|Product Family||Sammys X-Press® Swivel Purlin 1/2 Rod|
|Anchor Diameter||25/64 "|
|Hole Size||25/64 "|
|Head||5/8" AF End-Drilled|
|Drive||Sammys X-Press IT® Installation Tool (8194910)|
|Grade||C1022 screw, C1010 cap|
|Maximum Thickness||1/8 "|
|Recommended Installation Tool||SAMMY X-PRESS IT® INSTALLATION TOOL (8194910)|
1. Insert the bit receiver with 25/64” drill bit into the chuck of a min 18-volt battery operated drill and drill a 25/64” hole through the purlin at the desired location.
2. Slide the sleeve of the X-Press It over the drill bit until it connects to the receiver.
3. With the internally-threaded portion of the anchor (SXP 20, SXP 2.0, SXP 35, & SXP 3.5) positioned inside the socket of the installation tool, secure the square base of the Sammy X-Press Swivel within the square recessed guidelines of the installation tool.
4. Insert the Sammy X-Press Swivel anchor through the pre-drilled hole.
5. Install the Sammy X-Press Swivel anchor to release the expandable portion of the anchor and secure the anchor in the metal deck or purlin to allow vertical orientation of threaded rod.
Important Note: Warranty requires the use of the appropriate Sammy X-Press It® Tool for installations.