Sammys® 3/8" Swivel Rod Anchor for Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel, 3/8"-13 Rod Size, 3/8" x 1" Screw Size - SXP 20 - 8294922
- One step installation process
- No predrilling required
- Reduces installation time and cost
- 96 degree attachment angle
- Attaches to the side of wood elements
- Provides more attachment locations for designers and specifiers
- Installs with SAMMYS Nut Driver
- Ensures correct installation torque
- Reduces occurrences of fastener failure due to over driving
|Substrate||Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel|
|Substrate Fastener Size||3/8" x 1"|
|Ultimate Pullout||1061 lb (22 ga. Vertical) 829 lb (45° off Vertical)|
|Product Family||Sammys X-Press® Swivel Metal Deck 3/8 Rod|
|Anchor Diameter||25/64 "|
|Hole Size||25/64 "|
|Head||5/8" AF End-Drilled|
|Grade||C1022 screw, C1010 cap|
|UL Maximum Pipe Size||2"|
|UL Test Load||750 lb (2" Pipe), 170 lb Vertical (Luminaire), 80 lb at 45° (Luminaire), 283 lb Vertical (Conduit & Cable), 233 lb at 45°(Conduit & Cable)|
|UL Minimum Thickness||.029"|
|FM Max Pipe Size||2"|
|FM Test Load||635 lb (2" Pipe)|
|FM Minimum Thickness||.029"|
|Maximum Thickness||1/8 "|
|Recommended Installation Tool||SAMMY X-PRESS IT® INSTALLATION TOOL (8194910)|
|UL Approved||E245248, EX15565, EX5098|
1. Insert the bit receiver with 25/64” drill bit into the chuck of a min 18-volt battery operated drill and drill a 25/64” hole through the purlin at the desired location.
2. Slide the sleeve of the X-Press It over the drill bit until it connects to the receiver.
3. With the internally-threaded portion of the anchor (SXP 20, SXP 2.0, SXP 35, & SXP 3.5) positioned inside the socket of the installation tool, secure the square base of the Sammy X-Press Swivel within the square recessed guidelines of the installation tool.
4. Insert the Sammy X-Press Swivel anchor through the pre-drilled hole.
5. Install the Sammy X-Press Swivel anchor to release the expandable portion of the anchor and secure the anchor in the metal deck or purlin to allow vertical orientation of threaded rod.
Important Note: Warranty requires the use of the appropriate Sammy X-Press It® Tool for installations.