Sammys® 3/8" Vertical Rod Anchor for Light gauge steel, 3/8" - 16 Rod Size, 3/8" x 1" Screw Size - 8150922 - XP 20
- Two step installation process
- No custom bracket assembly required
- Reduces installation time and cost
- Threaded rod attachment
- Allows specifiers and designers to engineer systems with fewer attachment points
- Holds from 1146-1783 lbs.
- Installs with SAMMY X-PRESS IT installation tool
- Ensures correct installation torque
- Reduces occurrences of fastener failure due to over driving
|Product Name||Sammys X-Press®|
|Substrate||Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel|
|Substrate Fastener Size||3/8" x 1"|
|Ultimate Pullout||1146 lb (22 ga.)|
|Product Family||Sammys X-Press® Metal Deck 3/8 Rod|
|Anchor Diameter||25/64 "|
|Hole Size||25/64 "|
|Head||5/8" AF End-Drilled|
|Drive||Sammys X-Press IT® Installation Tool|
|Grade||C1022 screw, C1010 cap|
|UL Maximum Pipe Size||2-1/2"|
|UL Test Load||850 lb (2-1/2" Pipe), 185 lb (Luminaire), 250 lb (Luminaire), 283 lb (Conduit & Cable)|
|UL Minimum Thickness||.027", .027", .056", .029"|
|FM Max Pipe Size||4", 2"|
|FM Test Load||940 lb (2" Pipe), 1475 lb (4" Pipe)|
|FM Minimum Thickness||.029", .104"|
|Maximum Thickness||1/8 "|
|Recommended Installation Tool||SAMMY X-PRESS IT® INSTALLATION TOOL (8194910)|
1. Insert the bit receiver with 25/64” drill bit into the chuck of a minimum 18-volt battery operated drill and drill the 25/64” hole through the metal deck at the desired location.
2. Slide the sleeve of the A88X-Press It® over the drill bit until it connects to the receiver.
3. With the internally-threaded portion of the anchor (XP 20, XP 35) positioned inside the socket of the installation tool, secure the square base of the Sammy X-Press® within the square recessed guidelines of the installation tool.
4. Insert the Sammy X-Press® anchor through the pre-drilled hole. Install the Sammy X-Press® anchor to release the expandable portion of the anchor and secure the anchor in the metal deck or purlin to allow vertical orientation of threaded rod.
Important Note: Warranty requires the use of the appropriate Sammy X-Press It® Tool for installations.
STRUCTURAL CONCRETE OVER METAL DECK (Follow steps 1-4 before pouring concrete)
NON-STRUCTURAL LIGHTWEIGHT CONCRETE APPLIED OVER METAL DECK NOT FOR USE WITH AIR DRY DENSITY GREATER THAN 35 PCF (Follow steps 1-4 before the LWC has been applied).