Sammys® 3/8" Horizontal Rod Anchor for Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel, 3/8"-16 Rod Size, 3/8" x 1" Screw Size - SWXP 35 - 8293957
- Two step installation process
- No custom bracket assembly required
- Reduces installation time and cost
- 90 degree attachment angle
- Attaches to the side of wood elements
- Provides more attachment locations for designers and specifiers
- Installs with SAMMY X-PRESS IT installation tool
- Ensures correct installation torque
- Reduces occurrences of fastener failure due to over driving
|Product Name||Sammys X-Press® Sidewinder™|
|Substrate||Metal Deck, Purlin or Tubular Steel|
|Substrate Fastener Size||3/8" x 1"|
|Ultimate Pullout||1798 lb (16 ga.)|
|Product Family||Sammys X-Press® Sidewinder™ Purlin 3/8 Rod|
|Anchor Diameter||25/64 "|
|Hole Size||25/64 "|
|Head||5/8" AF End-Drilled|
|Drive||Sammys X-Press IT® Installation Tool (8194910)|
|Grade||C1022 screw, C1010 cap|
|UL Maximum Pipe Size||3-1/2"|
|UL Test Load||1250 lb (3-1/2" Pipe), 80 lb (Luminaire), 416 lb (Conduit & Cable)|
|UL Minimum Thickness||.059"|
|FM Minimum Thickness||1.000"|
|Maximum Thickness||1/8 "|
|Recommended Installation Tool||SAMMY X-PRESS IT® INSTALLATION TOOL (8194910)|
1. Insert the bit receiver with 25/64” drill bit into the chuck of a min 18-volt battery operated drill and drill a 25/64” hole through the purlin at the desired location.
2. Slide the sleeve of the X-Press It over the drill bit until it connects to the receiver.
3. With the internally-threaded portion of the anchor (SWXP 35) positioned inside the socket of the installation tool, secure the square base of the SWXP 35 within the square recessed guidelines of the installation tool.
4. Insert the Sammy X-Press Sidewinder anchor through the pre-drilled hole and install the Sammy X-Press Sidewinder anchor to release the expandable portion of the anchor and secure the anchor in the purlin to allow vertical orientation of threaded rod.
5. Adjust threaded rod to desired length.
Important Note: Warranty requires the use of the appropriate Sammy X-Press It® Tool for installations.